We are proud to announce today that Almond 3 is now shipping and will be reaching our pre-order customers in the next few days.
Every time we make a new product we set ourselves the task of raising the bar by a whole bunch of notches, and we set ourselves a massive challenge with Almond 3. We have had a couple of delays since we started taking pre-orders; therefore, we want to thank again the many people who have shown faith in Almond 3.
Raising the bar wasn’t so easy this time. We had already created the first touchscreen router and the first router with a built-in smart hub. This time around we set ourselves the objective of adding mesh routing technology, a siren, and also making sure Almond 3 was a best-in-its-class device as a whole home WiFi system or as a smart hub. Almond 3 became the first Smart Home WiFi system.
Connected Home Vision
It has been a challenging year, but also one in which we have seen our vision for the connected home vindicated. Many other router brands have changed their marketing to claim their routers are capable of being the center of the connected home. Something that can be very confusing for consumers as to be the center of the connected home your device needs to not only have WiFi functionality, but also home automation. We have also won a number of awards including Gartner Cool Vendor, Popular Science, Best of What’s New and CES 2017 Innovation Honoree Award.
Key Competitive Differentiators
- Affordable, feature-rich: A 3-pack of Almond 3s is more affordable and more feature-rich than any other mesh router and any other smart home hub combined.
- First to integrate with Amazon Alexa: Almond 3’s integration with Alexa lets you use voice to control smart devices. “Alexa, tell Almond to block kids’ WiFi” will block Wi-Fi to all devices labeled as kids’ devices. Similarly, you can enable and disable the guest network using voice commands.
- Smart home hub: Wirelessly connect, monitor and control smart devices like the Nest thermostat, Amazon Echo, Philips Hue lights, and hundreds of other ZigBee devices including light bulbs, door and window sensors, locks, and much more.
- DIY home security system: Almond 3 is the world’s first router with a built-in siren. Simply add a door, window, or motion sensors around your house for an easy and affordable home security system. The complete system with three sirens (each at 100 decibels) howling together can scare off any potential intruder.
- Ease of setup: Incredibly easy to set up using the Almond App and built-in touchscreen wizard.
- Local + Cloud control: You can control both WiFi and Smart Home devices locally (via the Almond app) without connecting to Cloud servers and even when the Internet is down.
- Almond rule engine and IFTTT integration: You can easily create complex automation workflows featuring multiple triggers that prompt multiple actions and also setup delays between actions. While Almond’s rule engine is powerful enough all on its own, the Almond Channel on IFTTT provides access to a wide range of third-party services.
The Almond 3 Smart Home WiFi System also comes with a free Almond companion app (iOS & Android) that lets you seamlessly control your Almond 3 and connected devices. You can manage services like parental controls, sophisticated Wi-Fi device management, home automation and home security from the Almond app.
We will launch Internet Security features like tracking browsing history and monitoring bandwidth in the coming weeks.
Pricing and Availability
The Almond 3 Smart Home Wi-Fi System is available today at Securifi.com and Amazon.com. Finished in classic black or elegant white, customers can purchase a single Almond 3 for $149 or a bundle of three for $399. With any bundle purchase, we will also be giving away a door sensor.